[Podcast] Episode 28: Smart marketing book recommendations from Douglas Burdett
By Tom Tate
Ready to be a smarter marketer?
With blogs, podcasts, videos, snaps, chats, and tweets coming at us from all directions, it’s getting harder and harder to find the content that will truly level up your chops. One way to ensure you’re getting the proper marketing nutrition is to have a well-balanced content diet, including not only digital content, but also great marketing books.
In this episode of the Ask Me About Email Marketing podcast, I had the pleasure of interviewing Douglas Burdett, expert marketer and host of the Marketing Book Podcast. Douglas shares with us his experience reading the best marketing books, and interviewing their authors. Books provide us with an opportunity to fully immerse ourselves into a topic, and as Douglas puts it “rewire your marketing brain.”
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Douglas’ personal book recommendations and journey into marketing and podcasting
- The benefits of a well-balanced content diet
- Ways to evaluate if a book’s worth your time
- Books to read to level up your email marketing
- Some great marketing tips for email marketers of all levels
- … and much more!
Here is a list of all the books we mentioned on this episode:
- Get Scrappy: Smarter Digital Marketing for Businesses Big and Small by Nick Westergaard
- Ogilvy on Advertising by David Ogilvy
- Hug Your Haters: How to Embrace Complaints and Keep Your Customers by Jay Baer
- Audience: Marketing in the Age of Subscribers, Fans and Followers by Jeffrey K. Rohrs
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR by David Meerman Scott
- The Challenger Customer: Selling to the Hidden Influencer Who Can Multiply Your Results by Brent Adamson, Matthew Dixon, Pat Spenner, Nick Toman
Here are a few other links that were mentioned on the show:
- Douglas Burdett
- The Marketing Book Podcast
- “How to Avoid the 19 Year-Old Dude Move” by Douglas Burdett
- Hubspot Academy’s Email Marketing Course (Douglas’ recommendation)
- “Why Marketing With Purchased Email Lists Is Like Unprotected Sex” by Douglas Burdett
- Study from McKinsey stating email marketing is 40 times more affective for customer acquisition than Twitter and Facebook.
Have a question about email marketing? Leave us a message at aweber.com/podcast.
The post [Podcast] Episode 28: Smart marketing book recommendations from Douglas Burdett appeared first on Email Marketing Tips.
Read more here:: http://blog.aweber.com/feed